Tuesday 21 February 2017

Individual Task- Spoken Feedback For Ancillary Task


My first question was focused around the choice of font. I have shown my respondents a selection of fonts from my research. I have asked them respondents to identity one bold and on non-bold font from a selection of of few different designs. The answers tot his questions were quite clear. Mots of the respondents identified a bold font called 'Alternate Gothic' as more successful and a non-bold font called 'OCR Regular'. I am fairly happy with the outcome as it will enabled me to create a successful combination of both fonts, which will enabled me to experiment with importance of text. 

My second question was based around my initial designs which I have demonstrated in my last post. My aim was to investigate what my audience is expecting to see on the front cover design. I have displayed the respondent my different designs and colours of the image which I will be using on my front cover. The audience responded with the colour blue and red as being the most attractive. They also like the idea of the city mage and the artist being overplayed instead of the low angle image and the two coloured shadow of the artists. In order to keep my audience please I have decided to combine the colour blue and red. The final outcome of this idea will be shown in my future posts. I am very happy with this outcome as it will really enabled me to make a link between the video and digipak.


Another question which I asked my audience is that which of the five fonts they liked for the title of the advert and CD album. I created five which can be seen on the side. I have used Photoshop to create these and simple added colours various effect to each. As for the result the majority like the first design. This is because they said it was simple yet very attractive. They also really like the font I used and effects within it. Not only that but they liked that fact that it is white with a blue background which enables it to stand out against the blue background image they choose. I am very happy with this outcome as I also really like this design and feel that it is really effective.
The last question I asked audience to help me identify song titles which would build up connotations around the nature of young adults. I produced a  list of all song titles. I created a conclusion of 11 song titles. This is an average number which is applied to dance music albums. The following titles are :

1. Faded
2. Done with love
3. True colours
4. Wake me up
5. I want yo to know
6. Stories 
7. Addicted to you
8. Feeling good
9. Illusion
10. Levels
11. I'm not alone

My target was to pick a selection of song titled which will create a link between my digipak and the music video itself. Titles such as 'Faded' , 'Done with love', 'Stories' or 'Ilussion' significantly create an image of the music video narrative. I believe this is effective as featuring song of 'Faded' would then set a mood to the whole album which is usually the case. 

Overall, the spoken questionnaire has helped me to make my ideas more understandable at the same time meeting audience's expectations of what they want to see within the digipak and the advert design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment