Sunday 16 October 2016

Vos pox- Results

While conducting the research in which ultimately decideing the music genre my role was to conduct a Vox Pop in which I asked a single question and gathered a response from a varierty of different people from our target audience. When choosing the question in which I need to ask I decided to not choose a general question such as the age or gender as this will not necessarily give me a detailed account of what consumers would like to see in terms of genre. Also due to me choosing the audience  I am in control of the basic information already and therefore to gain a better understanding i will need to ask a question in which will provide the group with a more detailed response. The question i asked was

"What Dance Sub-Genre Would You Like To See A Music Video Based Upon" 

The results: 

Answer one: "I would prefer to see a EDM music video, its more enjoyable to watch and the music is much mire entertaining in my own opinion"

Answer two: "The sub genre techno would be an enjpybale music video to see from you"

Answer three: "I would most prefer to see a EDM music video, it is the most enjoyable sub genre and would be great specticle"

Answer four: "A EDM music video would be the most entertaining "

Answer five: "In my opinion the best dance sub genre to base a music video around is dub fusion"

Answer six: "I would enjoy to see an EDM music video the most as this will be a better specticle overall that i can enjoy"



When analysing the results I am able to see that the question in which I asked the participants gained a variety of different results, I asked a grand total of six people and gained a number of different responses, one of the responses is that the participant would like to see a EDM music video. EDM is an interesting choice and would require me and the group to investigate further into the sub genre due to us having limited knowledge upon the subject. The second answer provided a different answer to the question with the participant wanting to see a techno music video, this is once again a sub genre we have not researched upon and would have to do some extensive research into the sub genre. Answer 3 and 4 have both decided that their preference is the sub genre EDM, this is the same answer as the first answer therefore showing us that the sub genre EDM is popular between our target audience. Answers 5 and 6 are different as the first one stating that "dub fusion" would be the most entertaining sub here to create a music video around whereas the sixth answer once again reinstating the sub genre EDM, Overall we can infer that the most wanted sub genre for a music video is EDM, this will go into consideration of the group and we will have to have another group decision upon the matter. 

Summary by: Jack Baxter

No comments:

Post a Comment