Saturday 4 March 2017

Individual Task- Final Construction Digipak

In this task I have finished off constructing my digipak.
The first thing I have done is that I have added is that when I have opened the background photo into Photoshop I went to effects and then went to apply a gradient overlay. This tool allowed me to blend two colours together to make the background darker. The first colour I chose was light blue and fades into dark blue or navy. As you can see it allowed me to make the image to be bright from the bottom and gets darker towards the top. However, this was not enough I wanted to make it even darker. Therefore, I have created a layer from the side and went on to select the brush tool from the left side panel and set the colour of it to be black to allowed me darken the image. This will be explained in more details in the screenshots bellow.

 I then have went on settings the brush size and the hardness as you can see in the first screenshot. I then have brushed the layer and lowered down the opacity to be 28 as this will make the visibility less of the black paint and enable the background to show. But this was not enough I have created another layer and have only brushed the middle and have set the opacity on 14 as you can see in the second screenshot. This made it look dull so when I will place the writing it will make it stand out and be easy to read. 


When I have added the black paint it made the colours to be dark and boring. As a result, I wanted to add a colour that will be overlaid with the black paint to make it more professional. I then repeated the same steps as when I wanted to apply the black paint but this time have set the opacity on 15 to make the red not to be too bright.


In here I am showing how I will be adding the name of the songs that will be included in the album. Firstly I went on the ‘T’ sign that is located on the left side panel of Photoshop. Then I have chosen where I want to it to be placed. I then have wrote the first name of the song that is going to be added and then went on choosing the font. I have decided to keep the same font that I have used when I created my advert. This is because I wanted it to be consistent and links to the codes and conventions. This will make it recognisable and professional. I then have completed writing all the names of the songs. Then went on adding an effect to the text. The only thing I have added is a Bevel effect where it made the text bolder and to stand out. In the third screenshot I have added the copyright statement at the bottom which shows that I am following the conventions. I done this by repeating the same step where I have added the names of the songs. Then in the last screenshot I have added the label records and a barcode next to the copy right statement surrounded by two lines. I have copied these two lines from InDesign when I created my advert. This saved me time and also kept it consistent and professional. Now this will really appeal to the audience and looks successful.



In order for me to make the CD the first thing I have done is that I copied the background into Photoshop. I then have showed the guidelines to help me a perfect circle that will look like a CD disc. I then have used the Elliptical tool to allow me make a selection in a circle shape. To make this smooth and look professional I needed to refine the edges as you can see in the second screenshot. I then have to create a new layer mask which will only make the background to be a circle. In the third screenshot I am showing how it looked after I have refined the edges and cropped it out as you can see it looks professional.
 I then needed to create another circle in order to create an outline for the CD disc. I done this by going to shapes and choosing an ellipse shape which is a circle and have used the guide lines to help me make a professional circle. I chose the colour to be black so it makes the CD disc cover to stand out more. The second step I did is that I needed to make the middle of the circle see through so it looks more like a CD disc where the plastic case goes through it. I have used an ellipse selection tool again in order to make a good sized circle that makes the CD will look professional and realistic then I pressed on delete using the keyboard to delete the selected area. However, the black circle at the back showed. To get rid of it, I needed to use the eraser to tool to make the middle transparent as you can see the eraser size in the third screenshot.

No comments:

Post a Comment